Children’s Theater Interns at Springville Center for the Arts (SCA) participate in a summer-long residency. Activities include acting, teaching, & managing theater productions.
- Fill all on and off stage roles to produce a theater program for elementary age children
- Teach/direct a variety of workshops including musical theater for grades 3-8, puppetry, creative movement and more. Class topics are based on the skill set of the applicants.
- Produce/direct/act in a larger scale musical production with local high school and college students.
The program begins immediately after the Spring semester and ends mid-August (13 weeks). There will be time for shorter vacations scheduled around the program schedule.
Springville Center for the Arts is a growing multi-arts center located in a rural community in Western New York State. An apartment shared with other interns and a stipend of $150 per week is provided.
Responsibilities vary throughout the program and include performing, teaching, directing, lighting, building sets, and managing a theater space.
- Ability to perform for children
- Because of legal requirements, you must be seeking a degree in an arts or education related field: Theater, Technical Theater, Arts Education, Dance, Music, etc.
- Comfort working with children in a workshop setting
- Self-initiative. We give guidance. You bring ideas. Participants work together with staff to create some of the programs.
- You must be comfortable with all areas of theater production. You do not have to have experience with power tools, for example, but you must be willing to learn.
Apply early! Final decisions are typically made in early April.
Details about this Event
Thursday, January 26, 2017 - Saturday, April 22, 2017
This event is listed within: